Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Apocalypse in regular Warhammer 40k games: Home Rules
So apocalypse has now been released and I'm really enjoying it so far. But there is one thing that just bugs me. Gamesworkshop releases all these awesome super heavy vehicles but limits them to only apocalypse. Now i dont know about you but sometimes you just want to use that new shiny toy and not care. And apocalypse games take time and planning (at least the good ones do). So thats kind of a slap in the face personally. To counter this my awesome gaming group all sat down and discussed ways to include super heavies in our normal games. Yes that might be a little crazy but im really happy with what we got. So here is what we decided for our personal playing and maybe whoever reads this will take an idea or two or add a suggestion. So here we go.
1. You may take one sulerheavy vehicle in lieu of taking any allies. For games using double FOC you may still have only 1 super heavy but no allies still
2. A single superheavy vehicle can NEVER be more than 25% of your point value in your force unless...
3. In games of double FOC you may have a superheavy worth up to 35% of your overall points. This is not cumalitive. However ddepending on the actual game amount you can increase this as needed.
4. Destroyer weapons are not allowed.
5. Superheavies are subject to normal damge now like weapon destroyed or immobalizations. Glancing hits reduce 1 hull point. For penetration Hits you roll on the Vehicle Damage table as in the War hammer 40k rulebook. If you roll an Explodes! Remove d3+2 hull points.
6. Superheavies may never be scoring. They also can never claim first blood.
7. You cannot take two of the same weapon system on any Titan.
I think thats mostly it. I may not have gotten all of them but that's the basic idea. So what do you think?